Kartarpur Sahib: Pakistan agrees to Visa-free, year-long travel for IndiansJuly 18, 2019
International arbitration court imposes $5 billion penalty PakistanJuly 18, 2019
- The World Youth Skills Day is observed every year on 15 July across the world. UNESCO’s theme for WYSD 2019 is- Learning to learn for life and work.
- The day 15 July 2019 also marks 4th anniversary of National Skill Development Mission also known as Skill India Mission which was launched on 15 July in 2015.
- At present about 1 crore youth are being imparted skills training annually under Skill India Mission.
- On 18 December 2014, United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) by consensus adopted, a resolution lead by Sri Lanka, and declared 15th July as World Youth Skills Day.Sri Lanka initiated this resolution, with assistance of G77 (Group of 77 Countries) & China, to highlight at global level, the importance of youth skills development.
- To achieve better socio-economic conditions for today’s youth that would act as a means of addressing challenges of unemployment and under employment.
- The World Youth Skills Day is traditionally organized by Permanent Missions of Portugal and Sri Lanka, together with UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization),ILO (International Labour Organisation) and Office of Secretary- General’s Envoy on Youth.