Money in Swiss banks: India slips to 74th place, UK remains on topJuly 6, 2019
Spektr-RG: Telescope launched by Russia into spaceJuly 18, 2019
- Union Jal Shakti Minister Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat has recently launched the Jal Shakti Abhiyan – a campaign for water conservation and water security,with an emphasis on 1592 stressed blocks in 256 districts.
- The campaign will run through citizen participation during the monsoon season, from 1st July, 2019 to 15th September, 2019.
- The focus of the campaign will be on water stressed districts and blocks. The ‘Jal Shakti Abhiyan’ will focus on five aspects — water conservation and rain water harvesting,renovation of traditional and other water bodies, reuse of water and recharging of structures, watershed development, and intensive afforestation.
- The conservation efforts will be supplemented by initiatives like developing block and district water conservation plans and ‘krishi vigyan kendra melas’to promote efficient water use for irrigation and better crop choices.
- In urban areas, plans with time-bound targets will be developed for waste water reuse for industrial and agricultural purpose